Posted on: July 22, 2021
7118 - Laurel - 8800 Freestate Dr, Laurel, Maryland, 20723
CarMax, the way your career should
Under general supervision, the State Inspection Technician
performs State vehicle safety inspections tests per state and/or
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform state inspections using appropriate equipment and
adhering to prescribed rules, standards and procedures
- Ensure that all vehicles meet CarMax Final Quality
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times.
- Maintain, repair, and clean special equipment
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain
- 2 Year automotive trade school degree or has minimum 2 years
- Requires appropriate state inspection certification
- Work with and through associates of other departments within
- Perform additional duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working
environment as requested by supervisor
- Possess above attention to detail and demonstrate manual
dexterity in both arms and hands
- Speak and listen to customers, associates and managers in
person, on the phone, and/or on the radio.
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- Comply with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA policies
- Combination of both indoor and outdoor environment; May include
working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- May require walking or standing for an extended time.
- Variable work schedules with shifts that may include nights,
weekends, holidays and extended hour days.
- Comply with all state, federal and company regulations,
procedures and work rules.
- Adheres to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to:
Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S
(Environmental, Health, and Safety) and standards of Professional
Disclaimer and Approvals:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This
information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities
may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the
discretion of CarMax with or without notice. This document has been
reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and cannot
be modified without written consent by a member of management
authorized to modify any such responsibilities.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with
federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race,
color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability and other
protected characteristics. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and
therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time,
at the option of the associate or CarMax.
This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect
throughout an associate's employment with CarMax unless it is
modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is
signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will
employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied
agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of
employment and does not create any contractual rights of any kind
between the Company and its Associates.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider
reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job
Keywords: CarMax, Towson , Mechanic, Other , Towson, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!