Senior Software Engineer - Motor Controls
Company: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Senior Software Engineer - Motor Controls
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense
of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of
excellence. People who care about making things better For Those
Who Make The World. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of
54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on
some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT,
CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be part of our GTS team
located in Towson, MD You'll get to:
- Design and develop power electronic firmware and specifications
for AC and BLDC motor controls for power tools.
- Implement and validate electronic designs through software
development, test, and simulation.
- Develop software verification and validation procedures using
unit and integration tests.
- Provide leadership in achieving cost, performance and quality
objectives of all related electronic systems, components, and
- Develop solutions for electronic system related issues as an
integral member of a larger team.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for work performed.
- Translate customer requirements into software
- Embrace cross functional teamwork.
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good jobbut wouldn't it be great if
you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about
quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be
acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not
intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE or equivalent (4 years) from accredited
computer/electrical engineering college
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in embedded system (bare metal)
- Extensive knowledge of developing embedded 8bit/16bit/32bit
microcontrollers in C, C++, or ASM. Experience with ARM
architectures preferred. Experience with assembly language coding
is a plus.
- Experience with closed loop control and feedback systems for AC
and BLDC motors
- Familiarity with lithium ion battery powered systems.
- Experience with common motor control techniques, including
sensored and sensorless trapezoidal control.
- Understanding of common microcontroller peripherals such as:
timers, GPIO, watchdog, ADC, UART, DMA.
- Strong understanding of embedded software concepts, including:
hard real time processing, process scheduling, cooperative
multitasking, interrupt processing, race conditions, RTOS.
- Familiar with software development processes and controls
(static analysis, distributed version control, unit testing, bug
- Experience with debugging (either with in-circuit debugger or
by other means)
- Ability to discover and implement creative or innovative ideas
and inspire others to do so.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence the
organization and to communicate effectively with internal and
- Foster and maintain a high level of integrity in all aspects of
- Ability to travel and interface with overseas electronic
contract manufacturers and provide technical direction to obtain
quality electronics assemblies for tool production.
- Ability to accomplish unrelated objectives concurrently.
What You'll Receive
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability,
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner
How You'll Feel
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay.
Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and
develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including
our Lean Academy, Coursera and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have
mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity, and
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally
and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering
makers, doers, protectors, and everyday heroes all over the world.
We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security
solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered
fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As
successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to
go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran's status, or any other protected
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Towson , Senior Software Engineer - Motor Controls, Other , Towson, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!