Company: Baltimore County
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Regular Schedule: 29 hours per week
Examples of Duties Under close supervision, performs a variety of
investigative and analytical paraprofessional law enforcement
functions, as well as administrative duties in support of police
operations and related services.
A Non-Merit vacancy exists in the Baltimore County Police
Non-Merit positions are not classified within the Baltimore County
Government Classification and Compensation Plan.
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BALTIMORE COUNTY GOVERNMENT
A list of eligible applicants will be established based on the
examination as outlined below.
Current and future vacancies occurring in any Office or Department
of Baltimore County General Government may be filled from the list
of eligible applicants.
All interested candidates must apply at this time. List all
promotions and changes in job duties due to reclassification as
separate work experiences on your application. Applicants must
include the dates of the promotions and reclassifications.
Note: Failure to complete all fields of the "Work Experience"
section of the application will result in your application not
being considered. A resume will not be considered in determining
your qualifications for a position. Applicants selected for an
interview may provide a resume at that time.
Examples of Other Duties
- Performs background investigations of employment candidates in
accordance with departmental policies and goals, applicable laws,
and procedural requirements.
- Conducts background investigations, which includes,
interviewing and fingerprinting applicants; collecting, reviewing,
verifying and analyzing personal, financial, and education
documentation; traveling to various locations within and outside
the state to interview references, present and former employers and
educational institution representatives.
- Investigates technical problems related to compliance
inspections and identify remedial action.
- Conducts document verification and physical accounting of
property items related to all critical drug and firearm cases prior
to destruction of evidence.
- Investigates, analyzes and reports any discrepancies in
- Conducts regular line inspections of police records, equipment,
log books at precincts, specialized units, and other commands for
uniformity and compliance with policies, rules, and
- Inspects the appearance of on-duty officers; performs other
related inspections as required, including CALEA inspections and
preparation of related materials and documentation; documents
findings, prepares and submits detailed reports related to
- Identifies and tracks officers' court cases and appearances;
collects relevant police reports, statement of charges and MVA
records from officers and reviews reports and records for accuracy
and completeness; serves as liaison with prosecutors to excuse
officers from court as necessary; appears in court and communicates
with officers via police radio and/or phone to have them respond to
court as needed; coordinates warrant and summons service; compiles
and submits corresponding reports as required and requested.
- Prepares court docket for processing.
- Resolves court scheduling conflicts.
- Tracks and maintains records of overtime spent on court
- Maintains summonses database, updates database daily, and
prepares related reports as requested.
- Documents all background investigation findings and compiles
comprehensive reports of same.
- Assists with physical agility tests and other pre-employment
events as necessary.
- Answers general employment inquiries, consults and advises
potential applicants, and assists applicants with filling out
requisite employment forms.
- Documents and maintains related employment statistics.
- Prepares and presents both written and verbal reports involving
audits, inspections and their analysis.
- Reviews proposed changes to policies, rules and procedures,
such as General Orders, Special Orders, SOPs, and manual revisions,
to determine their effect on inspections and accreditation
- Monitors effects of approved changes and prepares related
- Interacts with the general public, potential applicants, police
department personnel, State's Attorney's Office personnel,
Assistant State's Attorney's Office personnel, court judges, court
personnel, CALEA inspectors, other jurisdiction uniformed and
- Conducts interviews, both formal and informal as dictated by
the related functions of the individual assignment.
- Processes evidence/property taken into custody by police
- Accepts, prepares, and handles evidence and property from
various units throughout the police department for storage,
disposal, testing, and transfer to other locations.
- Provides first line support to field users of the BWC
- Responsible for sharing body worn camera (BWC)system related
evidence to the SAO.
- Processes return merchandise authorization.
- Completes regular reports of uncategorized BWC video and images
and prepared BWC audit reports.
- Develops testing and evaluation procedures.
- Conducts training classes and train instructions.
- Develops and organizes training and educational materials.
- Analyzes training needs to develop to improve training
- Performs office clerical duties such as answering phones and
- Performs data entry and inquiry functions on various
department, local, state, and federal databases to assist members
with tracking, documenting, and researching information and
offenders related to criminal investigations.
- Conducts compliance checks for various investigative
- Serves summonses in areas assigned by the department.
- Answers inquiries and provides information and assistance
related to each assignment.
- Provides security by screening and controlling access of
persons entering specific county building locations.
May be responsible for monitoring and reporting overtime
expenditures for the purpose of required court appearances as
authorized by a supervisor.
Performs other related duties as required.
(NOTE: The duties and responsibilities listed above are for the
purpose of determining a common set of minimum qualifications for
all positions in this class. They may not include all of the
essential job functions of each position in the class. Each
position may not be required to perform all of the essential job
Possession of a high school diploma or appropriate equivalent,
PLUS be a retired sworn police or fire department employee.
Conditions of Employment The work environment is variable,
depending on the assignment, and may fluctuate between an office
setting, warehouse setting, and frequent fieldwork, requiring
travel. Employee may be required to work some flexible hours based
on the needs of the various assignments, and must be able to work
independently without close supervision. Employee may be required
to wear professional casual attire or required attire as identified
by the department.
All applicants must be of good moral character and emotionally
stable, as determined by a comprehensive background investigation,
polygraph examination, and drug test.
All applicants must be citizens of the United States at the time of
Licenses and Certifications
Possession of a valid driver's license equivalent to a
non-commercial, class C Maryland driver's license is required at
the time of application.
Applicants will be qualified based on an evaluation of their
training and experience, as stated on their application, which
includes answers to the supplemental questions. Applicants must
state the dates and duties of past and present experience clearly
and completely for evaluation purposes.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
Some positions may require exposure to potentially hazardous
conditions such as adverse weather and travel conditions. Some
positions may require frequent walking, standing, lifting, pulling,
dragging, and carrying of equipment and objects.
Medical Examination and Comprehensive Background Investigation
Applicants selected for an appointment to a position in Baltimore
County must successfully complete a physical examination and drug
screen and a comprehensive background investigation which includes
but not limited to a criminal background check, psychological and
polygraph examination, and fingerprinting.
Keywords: Baltimore County, Towson , Police, Other , Towson, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!