Community Support Specialist
Company: Pressley Ridge
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Work directly with parenting or pregnant participants in the
Maryland Foster Care and /or Juvenile Services system ages 16-21
with a specific focus on educating and assessing the participants
life skills in early child development, financial literacy,
community living, safety and housing
- Professionally manage a virtual work environment to include,
being available to assist after hours staff with participant
challenges as well as responsible maintenance of required job
tools- i.e. computer, cell phone.
- Assists the parent trainer by providing secondary support of
parenting goals and feedback of participant progress
- Report any findings of child abuse or neglect by a participant
toward their child to CPS
- Teach participants relevant life skills in their living
environment on a consistent, weekly basis for up to one-hour a
week, in an effort to meet their life skills outcome goals
- Administer and evaluate knowledge on the Daniel Memorial skills
assessment, to establish goals with participants to work towards
self-sufficiency and independence
- Establish a professional rapport with the leasing offices to
successfully problem-solve any complaints issued against the
- Orient the participants into the program, specifically focused
on teaching life skills modules pertaining to community living,
home management and financial stability
- Distribute weekly participant stipends, monthly bus passes and
monthly clothing stipends
- Work directly with the participants in identified challenging
areas and actively respond/be available to participants as they
work towards successful completion of documented goals
- Document and enter records of participant's living environment
and goal achievement performance in software system (Apricot)
- Complete monthly apartment inspections of the participants
- Complete work orders for in-house maintenance issues with
- Complete all NICHAC processes, procedures and
- Manage and facilitate all financial responsibilities pertaining
to the participant
- Actively participate in monthly participant case plan
- Complete assigned parts of participant interval treatment
- Provide crisis-intervention for situations requiring immediate
- Complete incident reports according to Mother/ Baby Independent
Living policies and procedures
Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally
lift up to 25 pounds with assistance.
- Familiarity with and ability to navigate Baltimore metropolitan
- Ability to negotiate multiple diverse physical buildings and
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of the
- The incumbent works from a "virtual office," which encompasses
the Mother/ Baby Independent Living Main Office, the participants'
homes at appointment times, the Parenting Office, etc.
- All CSS's are subject to the Virtual Office Policy, which can
be found in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be available to work full-time weekly business hours on a
consistent basis, with flexibility to adjust hours to meet the
needs of the participants and the organization
- Required travel is 25% - 50% of time.
Clearances: State Police/FBI per state regulations; Child and
Adult Protected services.
Current Driver's License with acceptable driving record and
proof of current automobile insurance; Reliable transportation is
Keywords: Pressley Ridge, Towson , Community Support Specialist, Other , Towson, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!