Senior Machinist. Power Tools Group, Towson, MD
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life.
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an
innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment
supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the
globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the
world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT,
CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions
have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work
together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with
us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry
visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing consumer and
professional power tools through innovative design and technology.
We are committed to delivering state-of-the-art products and
services provide greater quality and performance to our customers.
We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating
back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a
vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Who You Are
You're a curious hands on problem solver, who has the ability to
drive team work, deliver high quality results. You're agile and
adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch
customer experiences, always. You also have:
- High diploma or equivalent required.
- 5-10 years minimum machining experience.
- Experienced using CNC and manual machining equipment
- Able to read and interpret 2D prints and 3D models, incl.
- Well organized and able to set, track & meet own deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work
well in a team environment and with customers (internal and
- Self starter/team player with ability to work with minimal
- An effective communicator (written and verbal) and results
- Computer literate; MS Suite; CATIA experience is a plus
- Programming experience required. MasterCam programing
- Must have be a "hands-on" team member and capable of growing
SBD capabilities and expertise
What You'll Do
As aSr. Engineering Specialist,you'll be part of our Global
Tools & Storage, team located in Towson, MD. Specifically,
- Operate manual equipment including mills, lathes, surface
- Set-up and operate CNC Lathe and CNC Mill
- Must be able to Inspect own work utilizing applicable
- Work with engineers to define part detail and tolerances
- Be agile: adjust priorities as business requires.
- Support multiple, concurrent new product development
- Actively participate in Kaizen and clean up events, safety and
EHS initiatives and other required team events
Benefits & Perks
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits
plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program,
disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off,
including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition
reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker
tools and products and well as discount programs for many other
vendors and partners.
What You'll Also Get
Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means
you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning
resources within our prototype shop and through other available
Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an
awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because
that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make
positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as
well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and
sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest
growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a
world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic
security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth
platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran's status or any other protected