Job Description - Director, Inpatient Continuing Care
Director, Inpatient Continuing Care Job Number: 897852 Posting
Date : Aug 11, 2020, 8:16:00 PM
The Director of Inpatient Continuing Care provides leadership,
direction and oversight of all inpatient continuing care
activities. This position is responsible for establishing efficient
and organized processes to support excellent quality and service.
The Director of Inpatient Continuing Care partners with other
leaders from the Health Plan and MAPMG to ensure execution of
• Develops and implements all components of the Hospital
Utilization Management program and ensures compliance with NCQA,
state, federal and other regulatory accreditation standards.
• Provides leadership and direction in the design and
implementation of workflows and processes to promote timely and
smooth transitions of care from the inpatient setting.
• Partners with health plan and MAPMG staff to develop strategic
plans, providing quality and cost effective care in the inpatient
• Develops, maintains and manages relationships with hospital
partners, providers and other external vendors.
• Develops and implements processes to support efficient
management of inpatient continuing care teams.
• Participates in developing UM work plan and ensures adherence
to all quality and operational initiatives and goals.
• Manages budget performance and executes appropriate strategies
to manage cost and improve quality of care and services.
• Partners with other members of the Continuing Care team to
develop and implement collaborative processes and outcomes.
• Supports professional growth by providing education, training
and appropriate resources. Conducts performance evaluations,
provides coaching and acts as a mentor to direct reports.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position is the Baltimore Inpatient Director. The Director
is responsible for the Baltimore service area where our KP members
are hospitalized, core and noncore facilities. The Director rotates
• Ten (10) years of experience in a clinical setting.
• Five (5) years of experience in Utilization Management or Case
• Five (5) years of experience in a management or leadership
• Bachelor's degree in nursing, health care administration or
other health related field.
License, Certification, Registration
• Valid RN license in DC, MD or VA.
• May be required to obtain additional state licenses as
• Proven track record of developing and implementing major
projects on time and within budget required.
• Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Word,
PowerPoint and Excel required.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with good verbal and written
communication skills required.
• Skills in problem-solving and collaboration with other
professions/ disciplines required.
• Demonstrated experience in complex strategy formulation and
• Ability to work comfortably and effectively with senior
• Understanding of or experience working with state
• Understanding of or experience with NCQA or other
• Master's degree in nursing, health care administration or
other health related field.
• Certification in Case Management from Commission for Case
Manager Certification or Nursing Case Manager Certification from
American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Primary Location : Maryland-Baltimore-GBMC 6701 N. Charles St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40) : 40 Shift : Day Working Days : Mon-Fri
Working Hours Start : 8:00 AM Working Hours End : 5:00 PM Job
Schedule : Full-time Job Type : Standard Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group (Union Affiliation) : Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level : Director/Senior Director Job Category : QA / UR / Case
Management Public Department Name : Continuing Care Travel : Yes,
50 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status. External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for Important Additional Job Requirements. Share this
job with a friend
You may also share this job description with a friend by email
or social media. All the relevant details will be included in the
message. Click the button labeled Share that is next to Submit